Author Topic: Syncing with new Google contact fields  (Read 2848 times)

kc

Syncing with new Google contact fields
« on: July 29, 2011, 05:13:52 PM »
I used gContactSync 0.3.3 to get my Google and TB contacts talking, but quickly found I would lose addresses if I did a bidirectional sync. Instead, I've been sending new contacts only from TB to Google.

Now I see that Google has added separate address fields to contacts. Has anyone been syncing both ways with these new fields, and does it work? I'm using TB 5.0.

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:45:18 AM by kc »

Josh Geenen

• gContactSync Developer
  • Administrator
    • Pi Rules.org
Re: Syncing with new Google contact fields
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 09:48:34 PM »
Hello,

Google recently updated their postal address handling so it fully supports either formatted or structured postal addresses.  You can read more details about why I did this here.  It wasn't otherwise possible to pull in addresses from Google so that solution didn't technically remove any functionality (like exporting those addresses from TB in LDIF format).

Version 0.4 removes the new address fields since they are no longer necessary.  You can get the prerelease version here under "Development Channel" at the bottom of the page.

Josh
gContactSync: info FAQs

kc

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 11:56:18 AM »
There doesn't seem to be an 'update' function. Should v 0.34 be removed before installing v 0.4, or will the latter replace it?

Thanks.

Josh Geenen

• gContactSync Developer
  • Administrator
    • Pi Rules.org
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 03:07:31 PM »
Installing v0.4 will replace the older version, then you should get automatic updates of the beta/pre-releases.

Josh
gContactSync: info FAQs