Author Topic: Your authentication token from Google has expired. Please reenter password...  (Read 11077 times)

jdacal

I keep getting this error, doesn't happen all the time.  Here's an excerpt from the log:

Loading gContactSync at Mon Jul 27 2009 01:26:47 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
 * Version is:       0.2.5
 * Last version was: 0.2.5
 * User Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22) Gecko/20090605 Lightning/0.9 Thunderbird/2.0.0.22

Starting Synchronization for <username>@gmail.com at: Mon Jul 27 2009 01:27:32 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

***Beginning Group - Mail List Synchronization***
***Found an expired token***
***Found an expired token***
***ERROR: Error during sync
Error Message:
Login expired.
Please report this error to gcontactsync at pirules.org.

After displaying the error message it requests username and password again, but I get the same error message.  Repeat.

I find that if I exit Thunderbird and re-enter it starts working again.

***Edited by Josh to remove an e-mail address on Jan 1, 2009
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 01:46:36 PM by Josh Geenen »

Josh Geenen

• gContactSync Developer
  • Administrator
    • Pi Rules.org
Hello,

Would you be willing to send me part of a 'verbose' log via e-mail?  (joshgeenen at gmail <dot> com).  You can enable verbose logging under gContactSync -> Preferences -> Interface tab -> Enable Verbose Logging.

If you are prompted multiple times in a row without trying to synchronize again the request for a new token from Google might be failing and you might see something like this:

Code: [Select]
HTTP Request being formed
 * Caller is: Sync_getGroups
 * URL: https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/groups/joshgeenen%40gmail.com/full?max-results=1000
 * Type: GET
 * Content-Type: application/atom+xml
 * Setting up the header:
   o Authorization GoogleLogin Auth=...
   o GData-Version 3
   o Content-Type application/atom+xml
 * Request Sent
 * The request has finished with status: 401
 * Headers:
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8
Expires: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:12:21 GMT
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:12:21 GMT
Cache-Control: private, max-age=0, must-revalidate, no-transform
Vary: Accept, X-GData-Authorization, GData-Version
GData-Version: 3.0
Etag: W/"A04AQHYzfCt7ImA9WxJbF04."
Last-Modified: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:12:21 GMT
Content-Encoding: gzip
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Server: GFE/2.0
 * Evaluating commands
   o handle401(httpReq);
***ERROR: Authentication error - 40x
until

If you'd rather not send me a log/after sending it can you try the workaround explained here?

Josh
gContactSync: info FAQs

jdacal

Just sent it Josh.  Thanks

Josh Geenen

• gContactSync Developer
  • Administrator
    • Pi Rules.org
Just to update anyone reading this thread, Version 0.2.7 should fix similar problems that can happen after you change your Google Account's password or after you use the same login for a long period of time.

If you see the authentication token expired only once that is expected, but if you have at least version 0.2.7 you should not see it again for a while.  If you do, please start a new thread and let me know.

The original poster still had this problem in version 0.2.7 and I'm looking for the cause.

Josh

jdacal

Hi Josh,

Figured I'd check in and give you an update on this issue.  gContactSync continues to work without a flaw on my netbook.  Its still losing the token on my desktop.

Since I was having other unrelated issues with that PC.  I reformatted, re-installed Windows XP Pro, re-installed currentversion of Thunderbird (2.0.0.23 (20090812)) and 0.2.10 version of gContactSync.  I made sure to upgrade Windows to all the latest patches, SP3, latest version of .NET, etc.,  I did not install any other Addons to Thunderbird, just gContactSync and the problem still continues.  Syncs good a few times then other times, even in the middle of the Sync, it says the token has expired.

I know I'm one of  a very small group having this issue, it actually doesn't bother me that much since it does eventually sync, just wanted to let you know its still occurring.

I wonder if having two PC's sync to the one Google account may have something to do with it?  Also, I use GoogleSync on my Blackberry on that account as well.

Anyway, wouldn't trade this for any other sync Addon that's out there right now, this is the best.  Keep up the great work.

Josh Geenen

• gContactSync Developer
  • Administrator
    • Pi Rules.org
Thanks for the update.

Could you send me another log over e-mail?  I looked at your log again and I added a little more detail to the log when it gets an error.

The part I'm interested in looks something like this, starting with HTTP Request being formed.

Code: [Select]
HTTP Request being formed
 * Caller is: Sync_getGroups
 * URL: https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/groups/username%40gmail.com/full?max-results=1000
 * Type: GET
 * Content-Type: application/atom+xml
 * Setting up the header:
   o Authorization GoogleLogin Auth=...
   o GData-Version 2
   o Content-Type application/atom+xml
 * Request Sent
 * The request has finished with status: 401/Token expired
 * Headers:
Content-Type: application/atom+xml; charset=UTF-8; type=feed
Expires: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 18:42:59 GMT
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 18:42:59 GMT
Cache-Control: private, max-age=0, must-revalidate, no-transform
Vary: Accept, X-GData-Authorization, GData-Version
GData-Version: 3.0
Etag: W/"C0QDSHoyfCt7ImA9WxBRE0o."
Last-Modified: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 18:42:59 GMT
Content-Encoding: gzip
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-XSS-Protection: 0
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Server: GFE/2.0
 * Running the function callback

jdacal

Hi Josh, I apologize, I've been meaning to post an update to my prior post.  The problem is fixed.

I had reported that after a clean re-install of Windows and re-install of Thunderbird the problem continued.  I've since found out why it continued.  In my effort to save time during the Thunderbird install I used MozBackup to restore only the "Settings".  Apparently files restored during that process carried the problem over to the new installation.

I was not aware that restoring the "Settings" only, also seems to restore some things related to add-ons.  I realized this when I installed FoxClocks and all the settings for it were already in place.  I thought settings only restored Email settings, etc.,

Anyway, after realizing that I completely uninstalled Thunderbird and any directories that remained related to it.  I re-installed and entered my Email settings manually.

The problem is now gone!

So... my conclusion is that there was some corruption in some Thunderbird settings file, however that is only a guess on my part.  All I know is clean install took care of it.  I re-installed all the add-ons I had prior to the clean install from scratch, and it continued to work ok.

FYI - I had tried uninstalling Thunderbird in the past, but I always used MozBackup to restore it.  So its possible that re-installing Windows was not necessary (even though my system needed it), just re-installing Thunderbird and taking care that there is nothing left laying around from the prior install may solve the problem.

I've since upgraded to the version 3 software and your software works great there as well!

Hopefully this will help those who may experience this rare issue.

And thank you Josh for all the effort you have put into helping me out with it, I'll be sending out another donation soon, this software is a life saver.

Josh Geenen

• gContactSync Developer
  • Administrator
    • Pi Rules.org
That is excellent news, thanks for the update!

Josh