Author Topic: Google Changes & TB Changes the same contact BEFORE syncing - Which has . . . ?  (Read 2026 times)

TDPsGM

With the "Complete (both Google and your client are updated)" selected
AND
"Local changes have priority over remote changes" Unchecked

Will Google's entry (if there is a conflict) ALWAYS have priority?

If so, another nice feature would be to have the ability to select "The most recent change has priority"

tanstaafl

• Global Moderator
With the "Complete (both Google and your client are updated)" selected
AND
"Local changes have priority over remote changes" Unchecked

Will Google's entry (if there is a conflict) ALWAYS have priority?

If so, another nice feature would be to have the ability to select "The most recent change has priority"
I would think that that is precisely how it works if you don't select that option...

But yeah, clarification is in order...

Josh Geenen

• gContactSync Developer
  • Administrator
    • Pi Rules.org
gContactSync does the following, where a contact is considered new if it's last modified time is greater than the last sync time.

TB New?Google New?Action
NNNone - contact is up-to-date
NYUpdate Thunderbird
YNUpdate Google
YYConflict. Resolution depends on the "Local changes have priority" preference.  If checked, update Google, else update Thunderbird.

The conflict resolution behavior right now depends only on that preference.  I will look into allowing three options.  Please let me know what you think:
  • Update Google
  • Update Thunderbird
  • Update oldest contact

Regards,

Josh
gContactSync: info FAQs

tanstaafl

• Global Moderator
The conflict resolution behavior right now depends only on that preference.  I will look into allowing three options.  Please let me know what you think:
  • Update Google
  • Update Thunderbird
  • Update oldest contact

Hmmm... how reliable would the option to udate based on 'newest' (or most recently changed)?

If reliablility is good, then that sounds good to me...

But, I think I'd still like to see a 4th option to pick one (Thunderbird or Google) that always wins... I never update anything via google, so I'd hate for a google glitch to cause me to lose any of my Thunderbird changes...

Thanks Josh! Great to have you back...