Author Topic: Italian translation  (Read 3159 times)

freesbee98

Italian translation
« on: September 22, 2009, 04:16:06 PM »
I can take care of Italian translation

MaX

Josh Geenen

• gContactSync Developer
  • Administrator
    • Pi Rules.org
Re: Italian translation
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 06:37:20 PM »
Hey,

Thanks for volunteering!  Another member (zazy) is working on the Italian translation for version 0.2.  Have you been able to try that out?

Josh
gContactSync: info FAQs

freesbee98

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 03:03:12 AM »
Actually no. I started using gContactSyng from 0.2.6 and following.
I was searching for information what to do to contribute for translation, but I couldn't find.

For me it would not be a big deal: it's enough to have the string file with an example of how the job should be done and I could easily translate it to Italian. Or shall I contact zazy?

MaX

Josh Geenen

• gContactSync Developer
  • Administrator
    • Pi Rules.org
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 05:44:28 AM »
There is a nice translation tool called BabelZilla which makes it much easier to translate add-ons.  You can look at gContactSync's translation progress here (account might be required).

If you want to find the translations in the XPI file you can rename the extension to .zip and extract it like a normal zip file.  Then you have to go to the locale folder, which contains a folder for each translation.  Each of those language folders has 3 files with all of the strings for that language.

You can ask me anything about the extension or the English or Spanish strings, but zazy would be more help for questions about the Italian translation.

Josh
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 02:24:37 PM by Josh Geenen »
gContactSync: info FAQs