Author Topic: Problem syncing new contact created in TB  (Read 70 times)

NigelF

Problem syncing new contact created in TB
« on: July 23, 2017, 03:56:57 AM »
When you create a new contact in TB AB and manually sync, gContactsync reports it has updated google contacts. Viewing Google contacts, the new contact doesn't appear in the overall 'Contacts' listing. After some hunting, you find it has been created but placed in a google menu of 'Other Contacts'. In order for it to be visible, you have to move it from Other Contacts to Contacts. Is there some way of ensuring new contacts created are immediately visible in Google contacts or am I doing something wrong?

Regards

petstarr

Re: Problem syncing new contact created in TB
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 06:21:09 PM »
I wonder if this is related to my problem.

If I add a new contact via GContactSync, it shows up OK in my Gmail contacts when I check via the web platform, but it doesn't show up in my phone (I have a Samsunsg S7).

I have worked out that this is because my phone's "Contacts" app has recently stopped recognising new contacts that aren't part of Gmail's "My contacts" group. Older contacts added a long time ago that are NOT part of the "my contacts" group are showing OK, but new additions will only show if they have been given the "My contacts" label.

This isn't a problem if I add a new contact via Gmail web platform, as it automatically adds new entries to the "My contacts" group. But when I add a new contact using GContactSync it doesn't do that, so my phone isn't picking up on them.

I have tried manually dragging new contacts in GContactSync to the "my contacts" folder and syncing but that doesn't seem to do anything. The only way I have found to overcome the problem is to either add all new contacts via Gmail web, or to use Gmailweb to edit new contacts made in GContactSync so they are added to the "my contacts" group.

Anyone know how to overcome this ridiculous problem?