Author Topic: Global directory not visible  (Read 207 times)

Zman

Global directory not visible
« on: September 04, 2017, 06:39:20 AM »
I've hooked up gcontactsync to a G Suite account, and I was able to successfully sync my contacts to Thunderbird. I can see the groups I've created inside My Contacts in the selection dialog. However, the G Suite Account also has something called Directory, which is a folder parallel with the My Contacts  folder, and it contains all the email addresses of the organization, similar to the global address list in Outlook. I do not see that folder available to be synced. Is there a way for me to add it? I couldn't figure it out no matter what settings I used.

thany

Re: Global directory not visible
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 04:26:05 AM »
I couldn't believe this, when I too found out gContactSync can't find the Directory, but it can find the regular Contacts.
There's no other solution on the planet to get these Directory contacts synced to Thunderbird, so it'd be a great improvement.

The only workaround I've found (not tested actually) that might work, is to add every contact from the Directory to Contacts in Google Contacts. But contacts from the Directory can only be selected one by one :(