Author Topic: Why are counts of contacts different in gContactSync & Google Contacts  (Read 257 times)

johnaaronrose

I only have 1 TB Address Book (named Personal Address Book) and only 1 email (i.e. gmail) a/c in TB. TB's Personal Address Book has 4 Lists (i.e. Groups) besides the standard ones (Coworkers with 41 entries, Family with 18 entries, Friends with 8 entries - that must show something about me, My Contacts, Starred in Android with 3 entries) with all their (i.e. the Lists and the standard ones) email addresses being ones held in "My Contacts". Should an entry for the same person be held in both "My Contacts" and (e.g. Coworkers) be held?.

According to TB, there are 480 entries in both All Address Books and Personal Address Book, with 466 in "My Contacts". But gContactSync's Notification Summary (on doing a Sync where I have Sync set to All Groups & Contacts with complete direction for sync set to Both) says that there are 466. Why are there these discrepancies?

BTW There are no entries in my "Collected Addresses" as I've deleted them all for clarity on this issue.

Google Contacts (in my internet browser) shows that that there are 388 in Contacts with 0 in Other Contacts: I left it for a few hours to properly sync after doing Replace to Server & Sync Now for Personal Address Book in TB.. Why are nearly a 100 entries missing in Contacts on the web?

The verbose gContactSyncLog shows:
Loading gContactSync at Fri Sep 08 2017 05:40:58 GMT+0100 (BST)
 * Version is:       2.0.12
 * Last version was: 2.0.12
 * User Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.2.1
 * Log location:     /home/john/.thunderbird/t1c38h07.default/gcontactsync/gcontactsync_log.txt

Getting Prefs for AB 'Personal Address Book':
 * Plugin = Google
 * Username = john.aaron.rose@gmail.com
 * Disabled = false
 * myContacts = false
 * myContactsName = All
 * syncGroups = true
 * readOnly = false
 * writeOnly = false
 * updateGoogleInConflicts = true
 * lastSync = 1504817690017
 * lastBackup = 1504619846566