Author Topic: Summary Functionality - WHAT Contact was changed & how . . . .  (Read 2008 times)

TDPsGM

Summary Functionality - WHAT Contact was changed & how . . . .
« on: September 30, 2013, 07:33:02 PM »
It would be a nice addition to the summary if there was a button linking you directly to the list of contact(s) that changed and what the changes WERE in case one needed to 'reverse' the edits that occurred.

Currently I am being told that there were 'additions' and 'updates' but the log was only telling me which ones were added.  I can not for the life of me find WHAT the updates are/were, or what was changed to what.

A summary with a button that takes you right there would be pretty cool.

Currently running TB 24 and gContactsync 0.4.0.b3

TDPsGM

Re: Summary Functionality - WHAT Contact was changed & how . . . .
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 07:42:43 PM »
For those who may be wondering this is how I have been able to figure out WHICH contacts have been changed after a sync run:

To see WHICH records where changed you'd have to search through the log and look for this:

If Google was newer and updates Thunderbird, then this is what it will say below the record that was changed (Search for this in the Log File):
   * The contact from Google is newer...Updating the contact from Thunderbird

If the Thunderbird was newer and updated Google, then this is what it will say below the record that was changed  (Search for this in the Log File):
   * The contact from Thunderbird is newer...Updating the contact from Google

Unfortunately, it does not say WHAT was changed.

TDPsGM

Re: Summary Functionality - WHAT Contact was changed & how . . . .
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »
This is an update . . .  I just did a sync and 36 contacts were deleted from my local machine.
I did a backup BEFORE I ran the sync as I thought it was suspicious that THAT many were going to be remove.

I really wish we'd be able to SEE which are going to be altered & or Removed so that we can override them on an individual basis in case gContact sync is having issues.

version 1.1.2 was run.

Does anyone know if you run a sync on an earlier version, then wait some time, then update to a newer version and run the sync if THIS would cause issues?