Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bugs and Enhancements / [patch] Contact Photos: TypeError: card is null
« Last post by Kalten on March 21, 2017, 05:29:33 AM »
Hello!

With some contacts I get an error-window such as this
using Contact Photos:
> Contact Photos Error:
> TypeError: card is null

After pressing ‹OK› the e-mail is opened.

One such (very short) contact is the following:

...8<---  some.vcf
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
PRODID:-//Sabre//Sabre VObject 4.1.1//EN
UID:86fd7b24-831e-449e-970f-0cffbc76cf2f
N:Some;;;;
FN:Some
REV:20170316T113848Z
EMAIL;TYPE=x-newsletter:newsletter@some.com
X-THUNDERBIRD-ETAG:"f1c429c005cd6d0aa87e60a1a61e20e4"
END:VCARD
--->8...

I am using:
* contact_photos-0.1.12-sm+tb.xpi
* ThunderBird 45.8.0 (on FreeBSD)
* CardBook 17.8
* (and nextcloud as source)

I have patched content/mainOverlay.js (see Attachment)
to correct this error.

Pray do commit this change.
Regards,
 Kalten
Bugs and Enhancements / Local contact erases existing gmail contact
« Last post by ppr on March 15, 2017, 09:46:59 AM »
Hi,

I would like to report a nasty bug in gcontactsync.

This bug updates a existing gmail contact with false information instead of creating a new one.

Here is how it happens:

1- I received an email from someone who is not in my address book.
2- In thunderbird, I click on the star close to the name of the person in order to add her in my address book. It adds the person into my local address book not my gmail synchronized one.
3- I decide to add this new contact in my gmail address book instead of in my local one. I click on the name of the contact and select "Modify the contact". Then I select the Gmail address book.
4- I go to gcontactsync and hit sync. I see that gcontactsync did not create a new contact but add the email of the new contact to another (existing) one. In my case, it removed the surname,name and email of the existing contact and replaced by the ones of the new without changing the display name and the phone number.

What I think it happened:

When I save the new contact in my local address book, it gave it an ID number. I have a gmail contact with the same ID. When I copy from the local contact to my gmail sync address book, the ID has the effect of merging both contacts without warning.

I can run some tests if needed.

Bye
Bugs and Enhancements / Contact photos 0.1.12 keeps displaying last photo
« Last post by blowfish on March 14, 2017, 09:23:01 AM »
Hi,

Contact photos works fine with Linux (Ubuntu 16.04, Linux Mint 17.3),
Thunderbird 45.7, but if I go to "News&Blogs" (for example, to pirules,
last photo from Imap or Pop account is still displayed, and stays there,
even if I mark another message.

- blowfish
Help / Sync makes TB hang for a while
« Last post by luckycharms on March 04, 2017, 02:27:17 AM »
Hi there,

I recently migrated computers, and now gcontactsync takes a while to sync, and while it's syncing, TB becomes unresponsive.  I've read other threads about the DBs becoming corrupted.  Any suggestions for how I might resolve this?  Thanks!

Alex
Help / Adding contact to group
« Last post by dkarnout on February 17, 2017, 03:28:48 AM »
I am trying to add a new contact into a custom group (e.g. basketball_mates).
When I create the contact, if I drag 'n' drop it into the group 'basketball_mates', a new double contact appears without any data except 'Name' (neither 'Surname').
So I have to delete the old one and retype all data into the new that exists into the new group.

Is there any better way?

Thank you
Help / Newbie needing help to match fields
« Last post by jbacinti on February 15, 2017, 02:20:43 PM »
I've had gContactSync installed for a long time but never used it until I started today.  What I can't find or figure out is how to match fields in T-bird to the fields in Google.  I know it must be simple and I'll be red-faced when someone points me in the right direction.  Thanks in advance for assistance.

jbacinti
Help / Re: Certain contacts not syncing (Google to PB Address Book one-way sync)
« Last post by JLFitzpatrick on February 08, 2017, 03:04:54 PM »
As another test I separated the contact into two (Home & Work) to limit the number of phone numbers, the work contact synced just fine, the home contact still will not. I then created a new duplicate contact in Google and deleted the original contact and when I synced it popped up in the group I had open it should sync into as the sync status window popped up, but then disappeared.

PLEASE, what are the field restrictions that could possibly be causing this error? The name is hyphenated, but I have other hyphenated names in my contacts and removing the second last name makes no difference. I've stripped this contact down to the bare necessities and gContactSync for whatever reason will NOT sync this ONE contact to PB Address Book.
Help / Certain contacts not syncing (Google to PB Address Book one-way sync)
« Last post by JLFitzpatrick on February 08, 2017, 01:39:52 PM »
Thought there was an issue with Postbox (v5.0.10) Address Book when I couldn't get a contact to come up that I know is in my Google Contacts. Then realized that contact is NOT in my PB Address Book although it is in my Google account. Tried cleaning up some of the fields several times but this one contact still will not sync into my PB Address Book. As a test, I altered other Google contacts and re-synced (gContactsync v2.0.11) which those changes came through fine just like they have been but not the one contact I need to sync. No matter what I change in this contact it will not sync.

This contact has text in 'Notes', but almost all of my contacts do and I already deleted some unnecessary text. Is there some limit on the amount of text or some other field that is not compatible and is keeping this one contact from being imported on a one-way sync while all other contacts will one-way sync from Google to PB Address Book manually and automatically without issue?
I wanted to be able to synchronize contacts (addressbook) in Thunderbird and I obtained  google_contacts-0.7.12-tb.xpi     
   from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/addon/google-contacts/
I followed the instructions and when it should have installed I saw a red message in Thunderbird:
Google Contacts could not be installed because it is not compatible with Thunderbird 45.7.1

Thunderbird 45.7.1 is the latest version.

I cannot find any better instructions than at  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/addon/google-contacts/

ALSO: There is a note "REQUIRES RESTART". Does that mean a restart of Computer or of Thjunderbird?
Help / Re: gContactSync keeps asking me to sign in
« Last post by bstaker on February 03, 2017, 01:26:20 PM »
I have used Thunderbird and gcontactsync forever and loved it but just switched to a new computer with Windows 10.  Gcontactsync doesn't recognize or show my gmail contacts.  When I select - gcontactsync - edit accounts, it does not show my gmail contacts as an option as an address book, and my gmail address book does not show up under all address books on the Address Book tab.  I have reinstalled the extension several times, reinstalled Thunderbird and searched everywhere for solutions (I really hope someone doesn't call me an idiot for not finding a thread that already addresses this issue).

Using 2.0.11
and Thunderbird 45.7.0

Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10