Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Help / Re: Synch with Google
« Last post by jeffneedle on October 11, 2017, 02:14:26 PM »
Same here.  I go to New Account, my gmail account is displayed, I click Next, and it freezes.  Never had this problem with gcontactsync before.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
Help / Re: Synch with Google
« Last post by davidselig on October 07, 2017, 11:54:46 AM »
I simply cannot get the synch to work, from Gogole contacts, to TB.   Many contacts just do not transfer.  Any help appreciated.
Bugs and Enhancements / Does Josh still monitor this forum?
« Last post by Bill H on October 05, 2017, 10:30:33 PM »
Does Josh still monitor this forum?  I've not seen any posts by him since last June or July. 

Bill
Help / Re: Authentication token expired / Static Adding contacts message
« Last post by JRTinz on September 29, 2017, 08:46:45 AM »
FYI:

I reviewed the log, and found that one single entry in my contacts had an error relative to authentication.  This contact I created in Thunderbird, not from Google Contacts.

I deleted this entry in my Thunderbird address book, and restarted the application.  It appears that gContactSync executed without incident, and no issues reported in the log.

I'm not sure what the problem was with that particular entry, and I didn't have the foresight to save off the log with the error before the successful sync overwrote it.  But the logged error was fairly obvious, reiterating the original notification of authentication token being expired as well as the entry it was stuck on.  Should help someone with similar difficulties.
Help / Authentication token expired / Static Adding contacts message
« Last post by JRTinz on September 28, 2017, 08:27:58 PM »
All:

Followed this issue a bit in the 'bugs" board, but since I'm relatively new using gContacts, I thought I'd ask here in case I'm overlooking something.

Message is: "Your authentication token from Google has expired.  Please click OK then enter your credentials to get a new token and Synchronize your contacts."  -  I click "OK".  I am taken to "Choose an account".  I select my gmail account.  I am taken to verify that gContactSync can manage my contacts, and I select "Allow".  The window goes away and I am returned to Thunderbird where the entire sequence starts again.  I am not prompted for a password at any point.

Likely related at the bottom right of T-Bird status line "Adding contacts to Google: 4 remaining."  -  This never goes away.

I have recently changed my Google password.  I do not believe Sync has worked since. 

I removed/reinstalled the gContactSync extension.  No changes - not even to the "Adding contacts to Google" status message.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

My email itself works fine, no authentication issues.
Hi,

Contact photos works fine with Linux (Ubuntu 16.04, Linux Mint 17.3),
Thunderbird 45.7, but if I go to "News&Blogs" (for example, to pirules,
last photo from Imap or Pop account is still displayed, and stays there,
even if I mark another message.

- blowfish

[EDIT] Version 1.0.0 has the same bug.  [/EDIT]

I have the same problem
Paul
Bugs and Enhancements / Re: new Gmail contacts not syncing to TB
« Last post by Bill H on September 25, 2017, 07:57:43 PM »
I thought this issue seemed familiar.  I went back and saw I had a similar problem back in 2015.

http://pirules.org/forum/index.php/topic,646.0.html

That problem was fixed in 2.0.5.  I am currently using 2.0.12.  Seems like the issue has resurfaced.

Bill
Bugs and Enhancements / new Gmail contacts not syncing to TB
« Last post by Bill H on September 25, 2017, 12:21:01 PM »
I am seeing a problem whereby if I create a contact in Gmail which has only a name and a phone number and no email address it does not sync to TB.  In the summary report I get a line that says it was  ignored due to read-only status.  I have gcontactsync set to sync one way from Gmail to TB.

What is weird is that if I go back to Gmail and add something in the note field and then sync again, it does get copied to TB.

Is this known behavior?  Is this how it is supposed to work?

Thanks,
Bill
This information is very helpful to me.
Help / Re: impossible to sync offline
« Last post by Amiisato on September 19, 2017, 02:06:05 AM »
Hello nice to meet you. Do you need help?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10