Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Same problem here, really annoying, since otherwise this is a really great tool.

TB: 52.5.2 (32-bit)
gContactSync: 2.0.13
I was able to solve this problem after a couple of years of efforts...
The bug was caused by an incompatibility I set in another extension I use, ie  "More FunctionsForAddressbook"
This extension uses, among the others, the preference:
morecols.newcard.add_to_seleted_list
This preference is set to "true" by default. This way a new contact is automatically added also to a a mailing list if one of these is selected while creating the new contact.
As I did not want this happened, I disabled this feature by setting the preference to "false".
This way I triggered the bug.
Now I reset
morecols.newcard.add_to_seleted_list
to "true" and the bug by magic disappeared!
Regards,
Topoldo
Same problem.

Gmail use "other contacts" for save mail when send a mail that is not on our contact list. May be the error is gContactSync does not specify with what label the contact should be saved.

For now we need go to contac page of gmail and move this contac to other label to sync with android
Help / Re: Global directory not visible
« Last post by thany on January 02, 2018, 04:26:05 AM »
I couldn't believe this, when I too found out gContactSync can't find the Directory, but it can find the regular Contacts.
There's no other solution on the planet to get these Directory contacts synced to Thunderbird, so it'd be a great improvement.

The only workaround I've found (not tested actually) that might work, is to add every contact from the Directory to Contacts in Google Contacts. But contacts from the Directory can only be selected one by one :(
Same problem for me. It's a real pain, to be honest. I understand the "other contacts" concept in Gmail, and it probably works if your primary app is Gmail. However, I never use Gmail - I just use my Android device and Thunderbird, and use GContactSync to sync contacts between the two.
General Discussion / Re: Contact Photo 1.0 in Thunderbird 52.4
« Last post by blowfish on December 20, 2017, 07:47:05 PM »
Thunderbird*s address book can be used to upload photos (edit contact -> photo...)
Bugs and Enhancements / Re: TB57.0b1 and gContactsSync extension
« Last post by dkon2017 on December 20, 2017, 12:18:26 PM »
Josh:

Is it possible to update the header compatibility info for the addon to cover up to ver 5.* of Postbox as well.  The extension continues to work great with Postbox but Ver 5 of the software isn't listed as being compatible.
General Discussion / Re: Contact Photo 1.0 in Thunderbird 52.4
« Last post by Carrizales on December 20, 2017, 08:59:18 AM »
I'm kind of confused about uploading the photo like Kristjanna. Am I missing something?
Help / Contact groups?
« Last post by gordol on December 13, 2017, 08:42:55 AM »
Does gContactSync support contact groups?

I just reinstalled Thunderbird, and perforce all my still-compatible add-ons, and after installing gContactSync and syncing to Google, I got my contacts back, but not my contact groups.

btw, the captcha with math is really annoying.
Localization (L10n) / Re: French translation 2
« Last post by Isi_77 on December 05, 2017, 04:21:02 PM »
Some works done, isn't it ??
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10