Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bugs and Enhancements / Continuously get an error TypeError: contact is undefined
« Last post by gworley on June 22, 2017, 08:30:30 PM »
I am getting the following error:

***WARNING: Error while modifying the view pane.
Error Message:
TypeError: contact is undefined

I have narrowed it down to if I have edited the contact in GMAIL and I happen to be viewing the contact in Thunderbird and the log file happens to be over 50 meg.  I don't know if the log file size has anything to do with it however I have tested my theory out and if the log file is under 50 meg and I just happen to be viewing the edited contact in Thunderbird, I don't get the error.  In order to get gcontactsync working, I have to restart Thunderbird.

Versions:
Thunderbird      Version 52.2.0 (32 Bit) Release channel
gcontactsync      2.0.12

Thanks,

George
Help / extensions.gContactSync.selectFirstCardAfterDrop
« Last post by topoldo on June 22, 2017, 07:09:55 AM »
This my little note is just to communicate that, at least in my hands, the hidden preference I reported in the subject is not working anymore. This happens in TB 51.1.1 for Windows, but probably I had this problem also in TB 51.0.
In my hands, if I set either "true" or "false" as the value for this preference, when I add a contact to more than one mailing list, I'm not sent to the first record of my addressbook after each addition.
On the contrary I remain on the contact I'm adding to more mailing lists.
Please note that I'm using many other extensions which could interfere, especially MoreFunctionsForAddressbbook which was incompatible in its version 1.0b1 and 1.0b2 with gContacts 2.012 and 3.005a.

Cheers,
Topoldo
Bugs and Enhancements / The contact is old and will be deleted
« Last post by seandarcy on June 18, 2017, 08:49:48 AM »
2.0.12 with TB 52.1 on Fedora 25.

I've been using gCCsync for a couple of months, no problems. This morning, no sync. In Settings sync was disabled. Re-enabled sync. Then I had to re-enter my google password. Then sync'ed .  I got 61 deletes, far more than expected, like this:

<a name> - 1491142108805
http://www.google.com/m8/feeds/contacts/<me>%40gmail.com/base/........
 * The contact is old and will be deleted

I don't see why sync would ever delete "old" contacts. I'm worried that it may delete less than 5 and I'd never know. But why delete them at all ? And, BTW, some weren't old in any sense, maybe ~2 weeks old.

If there is some reason to delete old contacts, it'd be great have a setting/preference to turn it off.
General Discussion / Create Contact In "My Contacts" List
« Last post by vivek_suraiya on June 16, 2017, 12:39:24 AM »
I am using Thunderbird 52.2.0 (32 bit) and gContactSync 2.0.12 to sync my Google Contacts with Thunderbird address book. I am unable to create a contact in the "My Contacts" section of the address book which is essential to sync the contact with my phone. I have tried right clicking the list and also creating a contact and dragging it onto "My Contacts"

Any ideas?
Help / Not Syncing with the corporate Directory
« Last post by arthurema on May 23, 2017, 11:14:48 AM »
I have a gmail business account.  In the contact list at Gmail are things like "My Contacts", "Most Contacted", "Other Contacts" and "Directory". 

Directory is the shared business contact list that I need to sync to TB.  In Edit Account, I choose the Gmail address and select, Find All Groups.  The "Directory" is not found. 

I'm running version 3.0.0a5

Interestingly, the email app, Spark, pulls the Directory contents correctly.
Help / Re: Differences between version 2.0.12 & 3.0.0a5 alpha
« Last post by topoldo on May 22, 2017, 10:33:37 AM »
Searching a little bit in Josh' blog, I found this:
http://www.pirules.org/blog/?p=465
Can I consider which was reported there as the only differences between 3.x and 2.x branches of gContacts or there is something else?
Regards,
Topoldo
Help / Differences between version 2.0.12 & 3.0.0a5 alpha
« Last post by topoldo on May 19, 2017, 10:04:59 AM »
Hi all.
Maybe I missed something, but there is any post here in the forum or more generally at pirules.org the where Josh explains which are the differences between the actual 2.0.12 "official" version and the "experimental" 3.0.0a5?
TIA
Topoldo
Bugs and Enhancements / Re: gContactSync & Mailing List management bug
« Last post by topoldo on May 17, 2017, 08:31:01 AM »
If it was not clear enough by reading my OP, what I described above happens in these conditions:
1. I have gContactSync installed and working inside my Thunderbird
AND
2. The problem I reported involved the addressbook(s) I create and handle locally inside Thunderbird ie addressbook which are *different* from that/those managed by gContactSync.
Besides, I have been using gContactSync without creating/importing ANY mailing list or groups inside GMail addressbook (it is just a "pure" addressbook) and I'm used to create inside TB only one addressbook syncing with GMail (ie gContactSync-dependent).
So, in these conditions, I did not choose to fill-in the email field with dummy email address(es) ever, even if someone of my GMail contacts is without email address.

Regards,
Topoldo
Bugs and Enhancements / Re: gContactSync & Mailing List management bug
« Last post by Konishiki on May 15, 2017, 05:03:01 AM »
This information is very helpful to me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10