Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bugs and Enhancements / Re: new Gmail contacts not syncing to TB
« Last post by Bill H on November 24, 2017, 03:55:30 PM »
Josh,

Just to let you know I switched to the current beta version of gcontactsync and that seems to be working fine.  Gmail contacts with just a name and phone number and no email address are syncing fine.

Bill
Bugs and Enhancements / Re: Does Josh still monitor this forum?
« Last post by Bill H on November 24, 2017, 03:54:14 PM »
Hi Josh,

Glad to see that you are still checking the site once in awhile and that gcontactsync is still being supported.  I was worried there for a bit. :D

Bill
General Discussion / Contact Photo 1.0 in Thunderbird 52.4
« Last post by Kristjanna on November 23, 2017, 12:46:10 PM »
Hello,

I recenly downloaded this application and followed the steps on pirules.net. However, application doesn´t seem to have anywhere to upload a photo. The only options are in the "Contact Photo Options" box. Is there another way I need to open this application in Thunderbird? Please help. Thank you.
Bugs and Enhancements / Re: TB57.0b1 and gContactsSync extension
« Last post by Josh Geenen on November 23, 2017, 08:41:50 AM »
Thanks for letting me know about this.  I pushed versions 3.0.0a8 and 2.0.13 with the fix.  If you're on the beta channel you should get the update soon, otherwise 2.0.13 will be updated whenever it gets reviewed.

Josh
Bugs and Enhancements / Re: Does Josh still monitor this forum?
« Last post by Josh Geenen on November 23, 2017, 07:45:46 AM »
Occasionally.  The last few months have been really busy at work.
Bugs and Enhancements / Re: TB57.0b1 and gContactsSync extension
« Last post by durabutt on November 22, 2017, 06:39:58 PM »
I can confirm this bug. I'm using Thunderbird 57.0b2 (32-bit) and gContactSync doesn't work, breaking the address book functionality too.
Help / sending a forward list
« Last post by walkerpbus on November 17, 2017, 07:21:46 PM »
I can't seem to forward a list
Bugs and Enhancements / TB57.0b1 and gContactsSync extension
« Last post by tibitts on November 12, 2017, 03:25:05 AM »
With TB57.0b1 the gContactsSync extension is broken. Upon opening the
address book window, it neither shows any address books nor contacts.
https://imgur.com/E8NeZ8x

Disabling the extensions restores the address book to normal, but
obviously without the syncing functionality.
Please update the extension for TB57.
Help / Can't log in to google contacts
« Last post by RouseA on November 10, 2017, 07:35:02 PM »
I have installed Thunderbird on 3 PC's, all running Windows 10.  I have then copied my profile to each of them and set profile.ini to point to it.  The profile includes four email acconts, one of which is gmail.  All works well on 2 PC's.  However, I can't configure gContactSync on the third.  When I install the add-on and restart Thunderbird the gContactSync Wizard dialog opens, asking me to select the account to sync.  It gives the option to use an existing account or a new account.  The dropdown box under existing lists three accounts, but not the gmail account.  If I enter the gmail as a new account then click Next a Sign In dialog opens showing the gmail account.  However, none of the links of buttons works, so I can't progress to Next. All I can do is close or cancel the dialog to return to Thunderbird.

All the email accounts work, so I can send and receive to them all, including the gmail account.

Each time I re-open Thunderbird the gContactSync Wizard open, but it never shows the gmail account, and if I enter it manually then progress to the Sign In dialog it always hangs.
Found the same problem with:
TBird: 52.4.0 (64 bit)
gContactSync: 2.0.12
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10